I want to thank “Dave” for awarding me The Fabulous Gutter Award. I received the award several weeks ago but due to a number of competing priorities, I’m just now getting around to acknowledging my acceptance of the award. Interestingly, Dave is both the originator and a recent recipient of this blogging award. An example of the circle of life in action.
Dave’s blog Normal Deviation is gritty, honest and full of unfiltered thoughts and emotions. For the most part, Dave’s blog focuses on the trials and tribulations of his sexual experiences and how they have shaped his personal views and relationships. At times, he posts commentaries about his father-son relationship with his young son, who he refers to as the “Evil Genius.” These particular posts always crack me up, as they are extremely witty and humorous. While his posts may not be for the faint of heart, they provide a candid and often provocative look at how screwed up we can be when it comes to our ideas about sex and our sexual relationships. If you haven’t yet read his blog, then I highly recommend you check it out. I suspect you will become as addicted to it as I have, as it will make you challenge your puritanical views about sex and how we should construct our sexual relationships.
Keep reading for the rules related to accepting this award.
Fabulous Gutter Blogger Rules of Acceptance
- Thank the person who nominated you. (Written thanks, kisses, oral sex, all of the above – whatever seems appropriate.)
- Link back to their blog in your post.
- Post the image of the Award on your blog.
- Copy and answer the six questions from their blog post.
- Nominate nine bloggers, link to them and let them know they’ve been nominated.
Now that you know the rules, I want to nominate some bloggers I follow:
- snarkysnatch A honest blog about the dating world that calls it like it is with humor and erotic pictures.
Okay, now I’ve hit a serious snag. I know that I’m suppose to nominate nine bloggers for the Fabulous Gutter Blogger Award but I can’t. While I follow many great blogs, I don’t follow that many bloggers that fit the spirit of this award. I’m clearly going to have to do something about that.
I would have nominated work spouse story and Kinky DeSoto – they are two awesome blogs that I follow religiously. However, Dave has already nominated them. Be sure to check out these two blogs if haven’t already. You will definitely enjoy them.
Now for the hard part…the questions!
- What’s the kinkiest thing you’ve ever done?
- What do you now know about sex that you wish you’d have known earlier in life?
- Is there any gutter fantasy you’d like to try?(tell us what it is)
- What’s the funniest bedroom situation you’ve ever been in?
- Has gutter blogging taught you anything?
- What is your favorite post from the person who nominated you?
What’s the kinkiest thing you’ve ever done?
I attended a Winter Solstice orgy when I was a graduate student at Berkeley – it was Berkeley in the 70’s afterall, what can I say. It was indeed an eye opening and life altering experience. I will leave the rest to your imagination.
What do you now know about sex that you wish you’d have known earlier in life?
How much I enjoyed it. If I had I would have partaken much earlier in life.
Is there any gutter fantasy you’d like to try? (tell us what it is)
Not that I can think of at the moment. Ive been a free spirit most of my life and done whatever moves me at the moment.
Has gutter blogging taught you anything?
Yes, how secretive I am about my sex life. I admire those who can just say it as it is without fear of being judged.
What is your favorite post from the person who nominated you?
There are so many but here is one of them. http://normaldeviations.wordpress.com/2012/07/23/summary-in-the-beginning/